Daily Face #1

Sunday, February 23, 2014




Another little series that I'm starting today - turns out you can get a decent amount of work done on a saturday afternoon!

The Daily Face Project is something I've been planning on doing for a long time now and finally, after way too much procrastination, I'm finally getting the ball rolling. In a nutshell, I'm going to illustrate one face every day... ongoing until... I don't know, hopefully for a long time/ indefinitely! I can't really see myself getting sick of this (I've been illustrating GQ's faces for almost a year now and enjoy it more every month!)

There will be a real mix and variety of faces - from my friends and family, to celebrities and people of interest ... some will have meaning behind them and others will be completely random. I'm also definitely open to suggestions, so if you would like to see your face or your mom's face or even your dog's face (yes, I'm going to include animals too!) then drop me a line and I'll see what I can do!


I'm going to post them all up here until I get another account sorted - I'll most probably set up a tumblr, but maybe I'll stick with blogspot.. watch this space.

_ _ _ _ _

The first face in this series is someone incredibly special to me - my boyfriend, Steve. For this portrait, I took reference from a photo from 8 months ago (thanks, instagram! your dates on photos are so useful!) - we had just moved in together and were trying out the curry place around the corner - a sweet memory. Fun fact: Steve has the best hair ever - the perfect italian-style comb-back! (Hope I captured it ok in this pic). He's going overseas for work tomorrow and he'll be gone for a whole month... definitely going to miss him way too much. I won't go into too many more mushy details, but this guy has really been there for me and it will be so weird to come home to an empty flat after work each day. Really hoping that march will fly by.



You Might Also Like

0 thoughts