Trust yo' self

Saturday, February 22, 2014

I think this is a good first post for this blog - or maybe it's terrible and way too "hectic".. Oh well! There will be some much lighter content on here too, I promise! 

This is something I sketched a few nights ago, in-between rushing to meet a freelance deadline and designing a blog header for this little corner of the internet. As usual, I was struggling to decide which of the 5000 or so options I had done (all slight variations of each other, really) and then I looked at the time (it was way after any sane-person's bed time, maybe around 2am?) and thought to myself, "stop it, just pick one!" And so I did.

This is something that I've been struggling with ever since I can remember - or maybe it's just been since going to college and having to draft a million different scamps before actually designing anything, but basically, I often have a really tough time deciding on anything when it comes to my design work (or lunch, but that's another story!).


Bottom line, I think this is something that many creative people go through. 

I think the internet also has a lot to do with it - seeing amazing work by extremely talented people on such a regular basis can really put a lot of self-doubt into your head. 

So here's to trusting ourselves and just doing it! (And using as many cliche's as possible in one sentence of course!) 



If you're going through something similar, or have some good advice on this, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Go on, pop a comment in that box.

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts