Catrice Kaviar Gauche nail polish | Babe on a budget

Sunday, August 23, 2015




I've been trying my best to avoid the shops lately (no easy feat when you love shopping and happen to work within walking distance of Canal Walk) but while on a quick stop at Dischem recently, I couldn't help but stop at the Catrice stand - I mean, look at these beauties!

These are part of the Limited Edition Caviar Gauche collection - there is a total of four nail shades, but these two caught my eye. The grey is C04 Cool Wonder and as the name suggests, it's a lovely cool-toned grey - possibly a little bit dark for my ghostly fingers, but I'll see how it looks in summer when my skin has a bit more colour. Then, the colour of my dreams, C03 Love Me Tender.... basically, this is the colour I've been searching for - the perfect pinky lilac - not too pale, not too dark, just right! My only issue with this shade is the formula - it's quite runny so you need 2 -3 coats for a completely opaque look - but the end result is totally worth the effort.

I've been a fan of Catrice's nail polishes for a while now - they have such great brushes (wide and rounded) and people always ask if I'm wearing gellish, especially with the darker red colours. Also, at just over R50 each, you really can't feel too guilty for spoiling yourself.

So if you're looking some pretty new shades to spice up your nails, be sure to check these out.

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts