Lash Sensational

Sunday, September 13, 2015




When I saw the Maybelline Lash Sensational in Clicks last month, I got so excited because, a) I'd seen it on a few UK blogs already and was hoping it would make its way to our shores, and b) because I was really not loving my current mascara.

I know we're not meant to judge books by their covers, but being a designer and general "visual person" by nature, I definitely do. Maybe not the best thing to admit, but hey! Okay, the point is that I've previously been put-off by all the other Maybelline mascaras (except for the Great Lash, that's a classic if ever there was one) because I find their packaging just very tacky and garish-looking.

There, I said it. Phew! Now that's outta my system, let's talk about this new addition to my daily routine.

I was completely drawn to the beautiful lilac-rose-metallic hybrid colour of the tube, as well as its "lash multiplying" effect. So far so good! It coats the lashes nicely and clumps aren't an issue, which is always a plus. The only thing I wish is that this was a bit more lengthening, but I guess you can't have everything. I've even gotten a few compliments on my lashes since switching to this one, so I think its a winner! 

Overall, I'm really happy with this one and will definitely be re-purchasing.

Here are a few awkward before and after photos, not the greatest, but I think they show the difference it makes. (PS. how creepy do I look with my eyes closed? Like a corpse bride or something! Haha)




Note: None of this is sponsored, I just really like this mascara. Hope this has been helpful!

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts